henriette . aka . luna

8.7.06

May II 2005

USA

Pennsylvania
CANADA Ontario

I’m on the road . . . .

Monday the 15th of may is my 1st motorcycle day.
The temperatures are still crisp, but I get joined by sunshine.

Fusae (my motorcycle), Moses (my teddy bear on the front fender) myself and all the other stuff are rolling west.

At the grad canyon of Pennsylvania I camp the 1st time and ride the next day slowly to Erie.

It gets a bit cooler and even some raindrops don't stay in the clouds. With a lot of clothes on it is still ice cold when riding.
To camp is not much fun either.
2 sleeping bags (cotton and thermal one), over all the motorcycle jacket and underneath the thermarest mattress.

At the morning there is even ice in the fields - brrrr!
Several day's it's coooooooooold!

To protect my knees from this cold while riding I have a brilliant idea.
OK the idea is not new and I could buy prof. ones, but I don’t want to spend that much money for a temporary thing.
So I cut my nice red thick towel in peaces, stitch well crow on the corners - ready are my adjustable knee warmers!

But to take also care of my motorcycle she gets the first service after 500 miles. The break-in check I ask to do a profesional.

I spend the whole day at uncommon motorcycles and meet Luke.
He just trades his old bullet for an alpha bike.

Evenings we go for a drink and Tuesdays I'm invited at his farm.

I stay a whole week.

We have a good time and I make myself in the household useful.
From daily life to a woodchuck hunt with his engl. dogs I experience almost everything.
Before I get married straight away (even his parents were impressed. . . ), I jump on the motorcycle saddle and pull the throttle! ;o)

To enter Canada is not a problem at all.
I cant believe it - I am at the famous crystal clear Niagara Falls.
56 meters crashes the water in to the depth.
The city looks to me like a huge amusement park. From honey mooners to scary 'creatures' I see everything and everybody.
OK time to move on.
I reach the same day (even without rain) Toronto.

Nicely clean, save and pretty is my first impression of the city and I see her on a special weekend.

"Doors open Toronto"!
Once a year the public has access to 100 cultural, historic, government interesting buildings. cool eh!
Exactly at 'my' weekend!
I enjoy the penthouse view from the 54th floor of a bank building!
Check out the famous hockey stadium ' hall of fame', the old and new justice, a Hindu temple, the CN tower, the enormous Sky dome (baseball hall), walk around Chinatown, the different Kensington market with all its freaks which make it so special and reach the huge university and queens park.

It's easy to get by subway from one spot to the next one before I keep on walking and wondering around.
I am already 3 weeks on the way ant the time just flies by.

After this nice weekend at the metropolis Toronto I keep on riding north.


Slowly I cruise to the beautiful lake Simcoe and at the evening I reach kill bear provincial park - sounds inviting - doesn’t it!?
Especial if you know that out here really bears course around.
During the day it is not that scary if you here any noises - mostly it is anyway only a sweet chip monk - but at night . . . . .
. . . . . at night the whole story looks different.
I don’t want to know what cruises around my tent - mostly racoons which are searching for food.
hmmmm, so where the name kill bear comes from????
- I better don’t ask and think about something else - good night!

At the next morning I am a bit tired (didn’t slept that well), and I know it's going to be a long day. A bit over 450 km I have to go I want to reach Sault Ste Marie to stay 2 nights.
After the 1st hour4 of riding the fog clears up and it becomes a beautiful day.

Incredible, the landscape is just gorgeous - Canada as it is famous for!
Endless beautifully lakes and rivers like diamonds.
To ride the side roads is the best, they are almost empty and I enjoy the coursing, take deep breath having fun and under my 'bud' a motorcycle which runs so far without any problems.

Some of you might think - 450 km that’s not especially a lot - but with my travel speed and the joyce of roads - it is quiet something!
Usually my Fusae loves a speed of 75km/h but the average drops down to 50 km/h.

I am happy to reach the campground (with a sour 'ass') and so I stay 2 nights here before I re-enter the states.